© 2014 by RET Trustee. Proudly created with Wix.com
Registered Charity No: 1155315

Estate

The Rougham Estate consists of over 3,000 acres of Suffolk countryside with ancient meadows, green lanes, oak-lined hedgerows, bluebells and orchids, parklands and arable fields. It traces its history back to Roman times and has seen both Saxons and Vikings. It was owned by the local abbey in Bury St Edmunds for six hundred years. During World War Two an airfield was built in the village and Rougham Hall was bombed. The Estate has been owned by the Agnew family since 1904 and now part of it is in the process of becoming a charitable trust to preserve its legacy for the future.

Oak Tree on meadow